Thursday, July 31, 2008

Crystal File 003: Fall Nail Trend, Navy is still in!

Well, did we really think we had seen the last of navy when MAC brought us Naughty Nautical for summer '08? If you are under the impression that navy (along side its slightly brighter jewel-toned blue siblings) was no longer an "it" color for fall, you are sadly mistaken!

While there are a host of new navy, sapphire, and vampy teals being introduced for the upcoming fall season (Sally Hansen Salon Navy Baby and Navy Pumps, China Glaze Rodeo Fanatic, Misa A Sin Worth Committing, Orly Star of Bombay), there are also several gorgeous alternatives you may already have in your polish collection.

My favorite navy, the gorgeous Zoya Indigo. Shimmery, sultry, with a flash of holo glitter sprinkled throughout, it is simply fantastic!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't have Zoya Indigo? Need another alternative to save you some cash? Other polishes from the recent past that would also fit the navy trend include Orly Witch's Blue, Misa Blueberry Glaze, MAC Naughty Nautical, China Glaze Up All Night, and Sally Hansen Salon Navy Venom. Those are just a few of the likeliest suspects, just shop your polish stash and I'm sure you will come up with other fabulous alternatives!

And for those of you gals who "don't do blue", rest assured it is only one of the many beautiful hues you'll being seeing this Fall. Deep, velvety plums and purples will be gracing many fingers. Fiery metallics in shades of gold, copper, deep bronzes, and browns will be heating up the chilly days to come. And classic shades of burgundy, wine, and ruby will always be in style. Perhaps you're in the mood for gorgeous emerald green or darkest teal? No worries for you either, China Glaze and Misa will be meeting your requirements.

So be prepared for decadent jewel-toned tips this season, there will be no call to shy away from color! In the near future I'll be reviewing some new fall colors from Fingerpaints and Misa, so stay tuned!

17 comments:

watcher said...

Hello!! I'm looking forward to seeing polish on shorter nails. I love blues, thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hill! Just discovered your blog through The Polish Addict and thought I'd say hello :) Love your pics and will be reading your blog regularly. Take care, Minahan from NB

Anonymous said...

I love navy blues-China Glaze Up All Night was my first one and now I've gotten Color Club Nautghycal Navy and I can't wait to try it out :)
Keep up the beautiful nails!

Hillary said...

Hey HotPink! Glad to hear you love navy too :)

Hillary said...

Watcher,

So glad you don't mind shorter nails, i tend to keep mine that way, i find they're much easier to maintain! And i adore vampy colors on short nails, they make me feel glamorous :)

Hillary said...

Glad to see you Minahan! I am so happy to know you found me :) I hope you'll enjoy further installments just as much as i'll enjoy writing them!

Steph said...

Welcome to the blogisphere - it's quite addictive. Great pic's - I love short nails myself :)
Navy Blue is my favorite nail polish shade and when you think it can't get better - it does.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the new Misas!
You should probably watermark your pictures though, before some evilbayer copies them.

Hillary said...

Davina...thanks so much for your comment :) I am currently working on finding a good watermarking program. Hopefully i will have it up and running for my next post!

Liz said...

Hi Hill! I'm late to the party! (I'm Squeezeweasel from MUA - only just found out about your blog from The Polish Addict.) It's looking great - consider yourself bookmarked!

I'm glad navy's still in - OPI Ink makes autumn and winter a bit more bearable!

Anonymous said...

Yo, it's QJ...looking good so far :D <3 the blues :)

Anonymous said...

Hill, I know I've said it many times before but I love your nails. You totally show how gorgeous shorter nails can be! That blue looks stunning on you!

Hillary said...

QJ! Glad you heard the news, and happy you enjoyed :) I hope you keep coming back!

Hillary said...

Sanna,

You are so sweet, and i really appreciate the compliment :) I love the way shorter nails look on me, but i know its a matter of personal preference. I'm really glad you enjoy my photos, i am so happy to share!

gymnastgirly said...

everything looks awesome!! :D

Hillary said...

Thank you GG! I'm so glad you like it :)

Спашоп said...

Посетите мой сайт и закажите оборудование для салонов красоты. Здесь можно дешево купить салон красоты киев шевченковский район , ультразвуковая ванна для маникюрного инструмента, Косметологический комбайн 14 в 1, Urządzenia fale radiowe cena