Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Crystal Files 034: NOTD Catch Up; Essie Over the Top and China Glaze Gussied up Green

So, i've been remiss in posting these past few days. Need to catch you gals up with some NOTD photos! First up i'll do Essie Over the Top, an oldie in my collection (from Essie's winter collection 2007), but still readily available at etailers and retail locations such as Ulta. This is a favorite gunmetal gray of mine, the shimmer is truly magnificent.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Next up, a newer addition to my collection. I'm not usually a huge fan of green on me, but it is one of my favorite colors, generally speaking. I did my NOTD with this color in response to a dare from my pals on the MUA nail board. I have to say, this green doesn't look nearly as unflattering on me as most greens do.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And i'd like to share with all of my readers the joy of my life, my little boy.

Photobucket


That's it for this post, have a wonderful day, and i'll post again soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww he's gorgeous!!

Victoria at Figuring Out The Details said...

Your son is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Your boy is soooo cute! it must be so hard to say "no" to that face.

Dami said...

aww he is adorable hill! i love GUG on you - i passed on this one i'm just not a green lover.

fauxfun said...

Your son has such a bright smile! What a joy he must be! He has beautiful eyes, too.

And regarding beautiful, how in the WORLD do you get your application to be *so* close to your skin and looking *so* perfect. Seriously. Sometimes I think you photoshop new lacquers on your same pictures because there are usually no flaws. Is it how you apply your base?

Hillary said...

Thank you all you gals for the sweet comments!

Fauxfun, You're so sweet! My application isn't always perfect, my trick is in the clean-up technique. If i get any large amount of polish on the skin around my nails i first swab away most of it with a pointy q-tip dipped in remover. For smaller mess-ups or just to make the "gap" nice and even i use a wood mani stick dipped in remover. My best advice is to do clean-up as you go, while the polish is still wet, otherwise the gap edge can look rough. I hope this info helps :)

fauxfun said...

Pointy Q-tips, huh? I guess I need to pick up some of those. When I do the wooden stick trick, I'm letting the polish get a little too dry because I'm afraid I'll slip and take a chunk out of the "good" part of the polish (which I've done). It seems I need more practice...

Thank you for the info!! :)