Saturday, August 9, 2008

Crystal File 012: NOTD OPI Eiffel For This Color

All the dark, decadent fall vampies are making me yearn for cool weather, jeans, and snugly sweaters. This beauty from the OPI La Collection De France is no exception. "Eiffel For This Color" has a very dark wine/eggplant base with subtle shimmer throughout. It dries with a wonderful glossy finish, and the end effect is almost that of a cream unless you are in bright lighting conditions. I really enjoy polishes with "hidden shimmer", so this one is a winner for me.

I decided to try a new top coat combination for this manicure to see if i could get some added glossiness, which i did indeed. I decided to try Out the Door fast drying top coat, which is very glossy but does not dry all the layer of polish to the nail as quickly as my beloved Seche. So instead of doing Out the Door on its own, i put a layer of it underneath a layer of Seche Vite dry fast top coat. The result was incredibly glossy, although i did have some issues with bubbling. This time of year, however, i find myself battling bubbles nearly every time i do a manicure. Generally adding a few drops of thinner to each products as i do a layer seems to minimize bubbles, don't ask why i didn't do this last night, i must have been in too much of a hurry.

Now, on to the pics! All are in early morning sunlight (indoors).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you all enjoyed, as i most definitely enjoying all these gorgeous new fall colors! I hope next week i shall finally have the Misa fall collection and Zoya Pulse and Vibe to share with you, as well as further installments from the China Glaze Rodeo Diva collection. See you soon!

6 comments:

Sminkan said...

Oh, that is one beautiful color nail polish! I am so happy I ordered it. So far I only ordered two of the OPI fall colors, this one and You don't know Jaques. I think I might want Parles Vous OPI as well, but that will be part of my next big order! I am longng for Misa and Color Club now! And Zoya. My, this is the best fall ever! So many wonderful colors to indulge!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo pretty! I'm having a hard time deciding which polishes from every collektion I should get! Best fall ever!

Hillary said...

I agree with you both, this is a fabulous fall for polish lovers! So many gorgeous vampies, and since i adore purple, you know i'm loving all these great new plum and purple shades!! Thank you both so much for all your comments!

Anonymous said...

I agree completely with you, I love everything about this color. The "hidden shimmer" as you mentioned, makes this color so unique! I also think OPI is on their way to perfecting their Power wide brush issues as well. I have only tried this one and a qui bit of red so far out of the collex, but I look forward to trying Parlez-vous OPI and You don't know Jacques!

fauxfun said...

Such a beautiful color! I think I'm going to try your OTD topped with Seche next time I'm looking for super shine. Thanks for the tip!

Renee said...

Hello matte nice blog