Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crystal File 026: Sephora by OPI Meet For Drinks

Well, i mentioned before how very much i wanted to hate these polishes, simply out of principal. I mean, they're made by OPI, but more expensive (way more expensive for those of us who buy our OPIs from etailers)and only available at Sephora, so difficult for some people to access.

I am forced to admit, however, that i do not hate them. In fact, i love them. I only had application issues with Run With It, and those were solved with judicious use of thinner. Meet For Drinks applied like a dream, and i am really liking the sturdiness of the bottles and the lovely old-style OPI brush.

Meet for drinks falls in my "vampy berry" category, and at least two of my most favorite polishes of all time also fall into that category (China Glaze Social Animal and OPI NYPD Beet). I see this easily rising to the top of my list of favorites for fall. The shimmer in this decadent berry-wine stunner imparts a soft glow that is perfect for pairing with the richly textured fabrics of cooler months.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Sadly, Meet For Drinks is (i believe) a limited edition color, and it disappears from the Sephora shelves nearly as quickly as they can get it in. If you find yourself lusting after this one, grab it while you can!

7 comments:

Inna said...

Holy cannoli! I really like this one.

Any stain issues? /hopefully.../

Anonymous said...

This one is my fav out of the $OPI's. It looks great on you!!

Hillary said...

masa_inn, no staining troubles at all, not even on my cuticles. such a gorgeous color!

Hillary said...

Thanks Rachel! So far i love all of them that i've chosen, bad news for the wallet!

Anonymous said...

oooohhhhhh DROOOOOL!!!

I can't get access to Sephora where i live (not in the States) - can you suggest a dupe for this colour as my heart is breaking when i look at your pictures and realize it can't be mine......

Hillary said...

Anonymous,

Unfortunately the closest polish in my collection is OPI NYPD Beet, which is long dc'd. Perhaps the readers have a rec?? Also you may be able to buy it on the bay of evil.

Anonymous said...

hhhmmmm, thanks for the suggestion Hillary (o:

I've done a bit of blog browsing and i'm wondering if Lippmanns 'Bitches Brew is getting close?? Seems to lack that gorgeous pink flash though....
http://nailgal.com/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=4
I can get that off Amazon.

OOooohhh that pink shimmery goodness is calling me......