Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Crystal File 021: NOTD China Glaze Wagon Trail

Time for the next installment of pics from the China Glaze Rodeo Diva collection! This time the subject is the incredibly interesting, and unique, Wagon Trail. A blackened olive base, seriously awesome golden green shimmer, plus a few little flecks of multi-colored shimmer mixed in. So much depth! My dear husband was non-committal when i showed him my freshly finished mani, which probably means he doesn't like it, but i don't really care!

On to the pics!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do you see the GLOW this color has?! I have to say that i am absolutely blown away by the Rodeo Diva collection. I actually find that i can easily wear most of the colors in the Hay Ride palette, despite the fact that they all have gold shimmer. Generally i have a very hard time wearing polishes with a strong golden tone, they just look "off" against my cool/neutral skin. However, the gold in the Hay Ride palette is softer, almost like a white gold, a much more neutral golden finish than many I've tried. I look forward to sharing the other colors with you, i feel they're very unique and lovely!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this collection, and Wagon Trail is a standout for me. Looks great with your skin tone!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the amazing pics they capture all the nuances of this gorgeous color, it even has a bit of red!! I can't wait for mine to arrive this week.

Dami said...

I was considering getting this one but figured that it would look terrible. I'm jealous that you can pull off just about any polish!

fauxfun said...

Wow! Your pics really help me decide on which Rodeo bottles to pick up... thank you! I thought Wagon Trail was more black, but you (thankfully) proved me wrong. I can't wait to see the other colors so I can place my order! :)

Anonymous said...

I adore this one!

Lina-Elvira said...

I can't get enough of this colour, its so unusual and you really pull it off :)

Hillary said...

Thanks to all you gals for your lovely comments! I'm so glad you're enjoying the pics :)